Personalized Consulting Services to Grow Your Business
The Illinois Minority Business Development Agency (IL MBDA) Business Center promotes the growth and global competitiveness of minority business enterprises (MBEs) through business development and capacity building. We help our clients secure capital, access new markets, compete for contracts, or make strategic partners and business moves.
We deliver services that are community based, culturally aware, and customized to align with the needs of the Illinois’ business communities.
- We serve English and Spanish speakers.
- We serve organizations that are owned or controlled by the following persons or groups of persons: African-American, Hispanic-American, American Asian and Pacific Islander, Native American (including Alaska Natives, Alaska Native Corporations and Tribal entities), Asian Indian American, and Hasidic Jewish American.
- While we serve all MBEs, our target clients are businesses with annual revenues of at least $500,000.
Strategic Business Consulting
We support our clients on their respective business development and capacity building journeys with:
- One-to-one customized strategic business planning and guidance
- Business Seminars and workshops (sales and pricing, technology, business strategy and processes, legal, etc.)
- Professional service referrals to MBEs of all sizes
- Potential partnerships and joint venture opportunities.
Grant Writing & Funding
We’ll match you with our business advisors and partners who offer access to:
- Commercial lending and banking
- Financial, credit and risk analysis
- SBA and conventional loans qualification and evaluation
- Loan and grant identification and packaging
- Equipment Financing
- General business finance counseling and training
Certification & New Markets
We help our clients access domestic and international markets by providing:
- Minority Business Certification assistance
- Matchmaking with corporations and local, state, or federal government agencies
- Access to grants, bids, contracts, and export opportunities
- Procurement/Vendor Registration Assistance
- Business workshops
- Access to exclusive local and nationwide networking forums